Find out how you can help South Somerset Mind
At South Somerset Mind
we provide support, information and advice for anyone young and old (11+) with a
wide range of various mental health difficulties, as well as their friends,
family and carers across South Somerset and Mendip.
We welcome anyone who feels they need support with their mental health We treat everybody as individuals with care and respect, without prejudice or discrimination.
Using a person-centred holistic approach, our aims are:
· to help individuals recover from poor mental health.
· to support people to fulfil their ambitions and potential.
· to enable individuals to make decisions for themselves.
· to encourage people to get involved in their local community
· to empower people to gain control of and manage their own lives and wellbeing.
· to offer a safe place for you to talk to our staff or other service users in confidence.
· to provide opportunities for you to meet and socialise with others with similar backgrounds.
To achieve these aims,
we provide a range of services that anyone can access. You can find more
information on the services that we provide by clicking here.
South Somerset Mind is a Registered Charity and Company Limited by Guarantee and governed by a Board of Trustees who willingly give up their time to make sure that we meet both our charitable and contractual objectives. The Board employs a small but committed and friendly staff team supported by enthusiastic volunteers. Together we work with local communities and service users to lead local services that meet people’s needs and aspirations.
“Little we the original founders know back in 1985 that we would still be in existence 30 years later. I am immensely proud of our history and the huge number of people we have helped to achieve a fulfilled and happy life.”
Maureen Street, Honorary Life President
If you would like to view our main policies, please click the links below: