Why should I donate?
We all like to know that we are spending our money wisely. Below is a list of ways in which your donation could be spent, to support those in the local area who need it most:
- Offer more activities in our Wellbeing Project
- For those who wouldn’t benefit from group sessions, we could offer more one to one support for clients
- We could continue running our Gardening Project
- Train more volunteers to help us fundraise and attend events
- Expand our projects to other areas
- We could continue running our weekly Community Day
- Help us set up new projects!
As you can see, any donation you make, big or small, will make such a big difference to the lives of the people who use our services. If you would like your donation to go to a specific project or be spent in a particular way, please let us know.
How can I donate?
- One off donations – we want to answer every cry for help and your donation can make this happen.
- Make a regular gift – a big ask we know! But your regular donation will enable us to plan ahead.
- In memory – losing someone you love makes the memories you have even more precious. By setting up a fund in memory you are celebrating their life while raising funds to help those that need it. This can be done by creating an In Memory fundraising page with Virgin Money Giving.
- Funeral services donations – ask friends, family and colleagues to remember your loved one by making a donation at their funeral or memorial service. These donations can also be collected via Love2Donate.
- A gift in your will – by pledging a gift in your Will to South Somerset Mind, you can help us to be there to support people in the future.
- Corporate giving – there are two ways that you can support the work we do. By payroll giving for employers and their staff to help fund the work we do. You can choose how much you want to donate and your donation is deducted from your salary and we receive the tax on your gift at no cost to you. Staff can also choose to donate the pennies from your payslip to us. Earn 940.52 and automatically give 52p to us. Contact us to find out more details.
If you are a UK taxpayer, the value of your gift can be increased by 25% under the Gift Aid Scheme at no extra cost. How? Simply download & complete a Gift Aid Form and send it to us along with your donation.
Donate by post – send a cheque (payable to South Somerset Mind – no cash please by post) to: South Somerset Mind, Unit 4, Yeovil Business Centre, Houndstone Road, Yeovil BA22 8WA
Donate by phone – Call us on 01935 474875
Donate online at www.virginmoneygiving.com